Monday, July 16, 2012

Shawarmas & Prayers

I believe my blog roll is starting to stick. A minder of the day, the thought of actually filling a post was etched as I woke up this morning. If I can keep that, I can keep other goals in mind to help progress. Like my battle of the bulge! Now love and friends alike say I'd be fine the way I am, but as it is, I am not happy. So the start of the workout this week coinciding with the blog reopening has helped me push through. Though, my body does ache like Boba Fett down a Sarlaac (for those un-savvy with the Star Wars Mythos, please guide yourself to the nearest wiki).

Long and boring opening aside, today's work schedule was 'routine'. Audit and other normal accounting stuff that'd give my reader a bore, though I did learn of something juicy...but as an outstanding professional, I sweareth my secrecy! Two toastmaster clubs here in Bahrain have been hankering for my attention, asking for my presence, one had already added me into the agenda without letting me know (I agree, the agenda was sent to me, but for clarification, please inform me I'm on it...please and thank you!) 

But the main pause for the day, was visiting my mom at the hospital. She has been admitted for a kidney stone removal that's scheduled tomorrow morning, so we all thought we ought to visit. Nurses had a hard time finding a vein for the I.V. drip, so all they ended up doing was poking my mother repeatedly till she bruised, thankfully, a doctor came to save the day despite using a somewhat peculiar method. The family and I stayed till visiting hours were over (my middle aged brother could not attend as he had not slept the night), and we bid our goodbyes. Now we all know it's nothing like a major risk operation, but again, the fear and sadness was felt as we left the rooms so to ease up tension I just saluted and marched right out just to give us all a little odd laugh. So as I write this now, a little prayer goes for my mother, to have all things be well and stay well. 

Dinner was had at a nearby sharwarma joint named "Happy Town" which specialized in charcoal grilled chicken meat. Ordered three for myself, since I've been craving the damn buggers for a while now. And now that I had the lustrous soft lebanese bread, filled with smoldering chicken covered in cheese and a mayo-garlic mixture, I feel all the way satisfied.  

So as it is, normal as it should be, hoping and anxious for the prayer to be answered on the other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment